PURCELL CHAMBER MUSIC ACADEMY
Generously supported by The Albert & Eugenie Frost Music Trust
The Radcliffe Trust
The Purcell Chamber Music Academy has been created to give young musicians an opportunity to extend their knowledge of Chamber Music by interacting and playing alongside eminent classical musicians. There will be a total of 9 sessions on Saturday mornings at The Purcell School during the academic year 2016/2017.
The sessions are led by Charles Sewart, Head of Strings at The Purcell School for Young Musicians. As a member of the Chilingirian Quartet, Charles performed all over the world and since leaving the quartet in 2007, has enjoyed a broad and varied teaching and performing career. There will be a public concert at the end of the year and students will be expected to study and practice between workshops.
Students get the opportunity to:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of great masterpieces of the chamber music repertoire
- Interact and play alongside eminent classical musicians
- Interact with other talented young musicians and make new friends
- Refine and develop sight-reading and musicianship skills
- The course is open to students who are aged between 12-19 and are of Grade 8 standard.
Applications for the year are closed, please have a look in our website over the Summer Holidays for more details about next year.